Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Meeting Poppa Joe

Yesterday Was my first day of classes I had Roman History. The lectures are pretty long and also have an on-site day. My professor is a native Italian archeologist who seems to really know his stuff. I also experienced the Italian market it reminded me a lot of Zerns back home. They sell everything from clothes to meats. It was extremly difficult to order food I only ordered olives (which were amazing)  for 1 Euro. I had my Italian phrasebook and was trying to say what I wanted, I looked like a total American lol. After the market my neighbors and I went out to lunch at a nice place on the corner and ordered pasta. It was a nice change from the 5 Euro take away personal pizza that we've been getting.
Yesterday night or this morning to be technical was crazy, we met Poppa Joe is a Temple grad who moved back to Italy and made his own job by promoting this club called Bloom. My roomate heard about this club Bloom through a friend of a friend and we decided to check it out! Why not? None of us had class will 5 PM the next day. So we get to Bloom around midnight and no one is there Poppa Joe greeted us at the door and treated the girls to some drinks. Poppa Joe explained that Romans dont get started till 1 AM and go till about 4 AM. So we proceeded to be out till 4 AM. When in Rome!

No comments:

Post a Comment